Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Battery Deep Cycle Discharge Solution

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
Our Mavic 3 Enterprise battery inventory is ever growing. Anyone have a solution for deep cycle discharging now that Phantom Angel solution is no longer in business?

Our Mavic 3 Enterprise battery inventory is ever growing. Anyone have a solution for deep cycle discharging now that Phantom Angel solution is no longer in business?
Are you looking for a charger that can charge/discharge to storage levels? Or do you want one that can bring the battery down to zero to level the cells and recharge?

That's correct, the adapter is for any Mavic 3 series battery and yes all of the voltage values during maintenance are configurable. Depends on how much you fly but I average about 10-15 batteries a work week excluding if I have any personal projects on the weekend and I have 5 batteries so that's about 50-60/month being 10-12 flights/battery. I cycle and balance every 2-3 months.

That's correct, the adapter is for any Mavic 3 series battery and yes all of the voltage values during maintenance are configurable. Depends on how much you fly but I average about 10-15 batteries a work week excluding if I have any personal projects on the weekend and I have 5 batteries so that's about 50-60/month being 10-12 flights/battery. I cycle and balance every 2-3 months.
much appreciated. Ordering mine now

Received the iCharger X8 a week ago, but still waiting on adapter cable. Seems to be on back-order wherever I tried to order it. Do I need a power source for the charger when discharging or does the battery that is being discharged provide power? I am not very savvy when it comes to electricity. I did find one Youtube vid showing that you can create a pre-set configuration to use for discharging, but I am not familiar with all the parameters that I will need to input. Any chance you could provide a pic of what the parameters should be so I don't damage the battery while discharging. Any help would be much appreciate.

Received the iCharger X8 a week ago, but still waiting on adapter cable. Seems to be on back-order wherever I tried to order it. Do I need a power source for the charger when discharging or does the battery that is being discharged provide power? I am not very savvy when it comes to electricity. I did find one Youtube vid showing that you can create a pre-set configuration to use for discharging, but I am not familiar with all the parameters that I will need to input. Any chance you could provide a pic of what the parameters should be so I don't damage the battery while discharging. Any help would be much appreciate.
I may have messed you up if you bought the adapter cable right after I posted. I realised I posted the wrong one that goes into the DJI Dock. It looks very similar to the correct XT60 plug for the charger but it's not. I fixed the link above but make sure you ended up with the right one. Sorry for any inconvenience. I linked it again below.

Any 12v, 10 or 20 amp power supply transformer will work. You can get barebones on Amazon for like $15-25. You'll also need an AC plug.

M3E Battery Cable
XT60 Cables (I cut one in half to have M/F pigtails and used one to come off the transformer. Leave the other whole so you can convert if needed)
Power Supply
Wall plug

I may have messed you up if you bought the adapter cable right after I posted. I realised I posted the wrong one that goes into the DJI Dock. It looks very similar to the correct XT60 plug for the charger but it's not. I fixed the link above but make sure you ended up with the right one. Sorry for any inconvenience. I linked it again below.

Any 12v, 10 or 20 amp power supply transformer will work. You can get barebones on Amazon for like $15-25. You'll also need an AC plug.

M3E Battery Cable
XT60 Cables (I cut one in half to have M/F pigtails and used one to come off the transformer. Leave the other whole so you can convert if needed)
Power Supply
Wall plug
Ordered the items listed above. Everything should be here tomorrow. thanks. Stay tuned, may have questions on the discharge parameters that will need to be set. I know that the batteries are 5000mAm and never discharge below 3.5v. Are there other settings that I will need to set?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B0054890